With the onset of dual fuel inverter generators, you would have thought that traditional generators would lose value in the market. Quite on the contrary, conventional generators are still the leaders when it comes with high watt power production. In fact, virtually all 7000+ watts generators are the conventional types, such as the Duromax XP10000E review that you will see below.
Note also that today’s high watt generators are very much portable and well designed. Like the Duromax XP10000E, it is now easier than ever to carry a 10000 watt generator from one place to another. Their reliability and convenience is also incredible, and the fact that you can afford such a generator at a price lower than $1000 is one reason why you should not look for any other type of generator. But as the rules state, it is wise to do some due diligence before settling on any machine these days. Read our detailed review of the XP1000E before deciding if you can have it at your home.
Duromax XP10000E Portable Generator Features
With a 16 Horsepower 4200cc OHV engine, Duromax XP1000E gas generator is a beast when it comes to generating power. It runs on 8000 watts, and has a surge wattage of 10000; making it able to handle almost all appliances and electronics in an average home. In fact, as many Duromax xp10000e reviews have noted, most people rely on the generator for all their house power requirements. And with the engine’s strength and well caged construction that is supported by steel bearings and a cylinder sleeve, you could rely on the machine for several years. Note however that you may want to check your water heater’s power requirements as well as other energy consuming devices before purchasing this generator.
When its 8.3 gasoline tank is full, the generator can power your house for up to 10 hours; which is relatively long considering that it can power all appliances and electronics in your house. Besides, most generators run for about 8 hours, which means you get an extra two hours of unlimited power in your house with this machine.
The Start Type and Panels
Like many modern generators, Duromax xp10000e comes with an electric start and a traditional pull recoil start. The good thing with this machine is that it comes with a 12 volt battery, which means you will never worry about not having enough charge to start using the electric start. On the other hand, the machine comes with a great power panel that includes 2 120volts, 20amp 3 prong a heavy duty 120.240V 50 amp and a 12volt 10 amp DC utility for recharging or charging your small electronic devices. In addition, the exclusive panel ensures you get maximum output at either 120 volts fully power or with the duel 120 and 240 volts receptacles. It also comes with a circuit breaker to protect against electric malfunctions; while the volt meter helps you keep track of its watt usage.
Low Noise Level
The machine produces recorded 72decibels of noise, which is relatively low for a machine of its caliber. In fact, most of the machines that produce about 7dB of noise use around 4000watts. The low noise level is a result of high end technology, sound reducing mufflers it comes with.
The only drawback as many Duromax XP10000 reviews highlight the most is its one year warranty. Most people consider this warranty short, especially because it is a bit more expensive and is expected to last for a longer period of time. But as many of those reviews note however, the machine is very reliable and could serve you for quite a while. In addition to the warranty, the machine also comes with a low oil shut mechanism and an auto voltage regulator.
Size and Portability
As we had earlier noted, the machine is portable, as it comes with a solid wheel kit. However, the machine is big, as in 40 inches by 29 inches by 40 inches. In addition, it weighs around 265 pounds, which makes it one of the biggest but portable generators out there. But note that the wheel kit is ultra-durable, and its wheels are not the type to go flat.
Pros and Cons of Duromax XP10000E Portable Generator
- It is highly powerful and reliable- With a 10000watt, 16HP engine; this generator is incredibly powerful and reliable in any home. The machine’s general construction also makes it run efficiently.
- It is durable-Though it comes with a one year warranty, the construction of its engine, the wheel kit and outer casing can surely show you that this is a strong generator. Besides, the machine is highly recommended by many consumers who have reviewed it.
- It comes with an electric start- Having an electric start is not a minor feature; it is a great advantage to anyone who can’t deal with the pulling that comes with a recoil pull start. Besides, the machine has an already charged battery, which helps you use the electric start even on your first day of work.
- It’s portable- With a strong wheel kit and great design; you can easily pull or push the generator around your house.
- Has great 10 hours of runtime
- It is very heavy- Well, without the wheel kit; you may never be able to move this generator. It weighs 265 pounds after all.
- Comes with a limited one year warranty- It is relatively a short warranty, but it is not a big issues if you put the reputation of this machine at hand.
Though not all Duromax XP10000E reviews give it a 5 star rating, there is no doubt that this machine deserves all the praise it gets. It costs $1000 or less to start with, its power is incredible, and almost all its other features are meaningful and important. It is also very quiet and easy to operate, which means that Duromax offers you all the features you would dream of in a top quality power generator. However, feel free to compare the machine’s features with some other models before settling down on what to buy. You can also check out our review of Duromax XP10000EH, which is an upgraded version of this model.